Eugene S. Semenkin,
MSc (Math), PhD (CS), Dr. Sc. (Eng.), Professor
Siberian Institute of Applied System Analysis named after A.N. Antamoshkin, Founder and Scientific Supervisor
Siberian State University of Science and Technology (SibSU)
Department of System Analysis and Operations Research, Professor
Krasnoyarsky Rabochy ave. 31, 660037, Krasnoyarsk, Russia
Tel. +7-391-2919141, Mob.: +79039201297
E-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Complicated Systems Modeling and Optimization, Computational Intelligence, Data Mining, Machine Learning, Analytic Computing Algorithms Design
Date of birth: 18 October 1960
Languages: Russian (native), English (fluent), German (advanced)
Citizenship: Russian Federation
1982: MSc in Mathematics (with honors), Kemerovo State University, Kemerovo, USSR
1989: Ph.D. in Computer Science, Leningrad State University, Leningrad, USSR
Dissertation: Models and Algorithms for the Optimization of Monotone Pseudo-Boolean Functions
1997: Dr.Sc. in Engineering, Siberian Aerospace Academy, Krasnoyarsk, Russia
Dissertation: Generalized Adaptive Search Technique for Spacecraft Control Optimization
1997-present: Full Professor (main current position), Department of System Analysis and Operations Research, SibSU-SibSAU, Krasnoyarsk, Russia
1999-present: Full Professor (part-time), Department of Mathematical Modeling and Control Processes, Institute of Mathematics and Fundamental Computer Science, Siberian Federal University (SFU), Krasnoyarsk, Russia
2017-present: Founder and Scientific Supervisor, Siberian Institute of Applied System Analysis (Research Institute), SibSU-SibSAU, Krasnoyarsk, Russia
1997, 1998: Visiting Researcher (Flughafen Frankfurt Main Stiftung scholarship holder), Research Institute of Applied Knowledge Processing (FAW), Ulm University, Ulm, Germany
1991-1997: Founder Chair, Head Deputy, Associate Professor, Department of System Analysis and Operations Research, SAA, Krasnoyarsk, Russia
1994: Visiting Researcher, PlymouthEngineering Design Center, Plymouth University, United Kingdom
1992, 1993, 1995: Guest Scientist, Research Institute of Applied Knowledge Processing (FAW), Ulm University, Ulm, Germany
1988-1991: Senior Lecturer, Department of Higher Mathematics, Z-VTUZ, Krasnoyarsk, USSR
1985-88: PhD Study, Department of Applied Mathematics, Kemerovo State University, Kemerovo, USSR
1984-85: Junior Research Fellow, Department of Applied Mathematics, Kemerovo State University, Kemerovo, USSR
1982-84: Military Service
1980-82: Research Assistant, Department of Applied Mathematics, Kemerovo State University, Kemerovo, USSR
Russian Engineering Academy, IEEE Computational Intelligence Society, American Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics (AIAA), SIGOpt DFG
2015 – Ziolkovsky Honorary Badge from the Russian Space Agency (Roskosmos)
2011 – Honorary Badge for Achievements in the Development of Student Scientific Research from the Ministry of Science and Education of the Russian Federation
2005 – Honorary Worker of Science and Engineering of the Russian Federation
2003 – Reshetnev Medal from the Cosmonautics Federation of Russia
2001 – Letter of Thanks from Research-and-Production Association of Applied Mechanics (Roskosmos)
2013-2019 – Annual Krasnoyarsk Region Awards of Outstanding Professor
- Member of the University Senate (SibSAU, 2011-present), member of the Institute Council (Institute of Computer Science and Telecommunications, SibSAU, 2012-present).
- Vice-Chair of the dissertation council in system analysis, control and information processing (SibSAU).
- Member of two dissertation councils: economics (SibSAU) and computer science (SFU).
- Member of the Experts Board of the Supreme Attestation Commission at the Ministry of Education and Science of Russian Federation (control, computing engineering and computer science), 2013-2016.
- Member of the Expert Board of the Innovative R&D Mega-Grants Program of the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
- Member of the Expert Board of the Federal State Budget Organization ‘Foundation for Assistance in Development of Small Innovative Enterprises in Science and Technology’, Competition in realization of Road Maps of the National Innovative Initiative (NeuroNet working group).
- Member of Expert Board for selection of candidates for Krasnoyarsk Region State Price for outstanding achievements in science and education.
- Editorial Board Member: Bulletin of the Siberian State Aerospace University (Russia); ‘Organizacija – Journal of Management, Informatics and Human Resource’ (Slovenia), Herald of the Bauman Moscow State Technical University – Series ‘Instrument Engineering’ (Russia), Tomsk State University Journal of Control and Computer Science (Russia).
- Co-Chair of the Program Committee of the Annual International Workshop on Mathematical Models and their Applications (2012-2019), Krasnoyarsk, Russia.
- Program Committee Member: InfoTech 2019, September 19-20, Varna, Bulgaria; ANNPR 2018, 8th IAPR TC3 Workshop on Artificial Neural Networks in Pattern Recognition, September 19-21, 2018, Siena, Italy; CPRAI 2018, International Conference on Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, May 14-17, 2018, Montreal, Canada; 7th IAPR TC3 Workshop on Artificial Neural Networks in Pattern Recognition, September 28-30, 2016, Ulm, Germany, etc.
- Publicity Co-Chair: ICSI-CCI’2015, 6th International Conference on Swarm Intelligence and the 2nd BRICS Congress on Computational Intelligence, 2015, Beijing, China; AAI 2016, 5th International Congress on Advanced Applied Informatics; 2016, Kumamoto, Japan; ICSI’2016, 7th International Conference on Swarm Intelligence, 2016, Bali, Indonesia.
- Supervisor of 25 promoted PhDs (SibSAU, Krasnoyarsk, Russia, 1997-2017), co-supervisor of 2 promoted PhDs (University of Ulm, Ulm, Germany, 2015-2016), consultant of 3 habilitated Dr.Sc. candidates (SibSAU, Krasnoyarsk, Russia, 2001-2008). Supervisor of 8 PhD students and 2 Dr.Sc. candidates (SibSAU, Krasnoyarsk, Russia), co-supervisor of 2 PhD students (University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio, Finland).
1992-present: Ulm University, Ulm, Germany
1993-present: University of Applied Sciences, Ulm, Germany
2012-present: Maribor University, Kranj, Slovenia
2013-present: University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio, Finland
2017-present: Upper Austria University of Applied Sciences, Hagenberg, Austria
2017-present: Aichi Prefectural University, Nagakute, Japan
Scientific projects: over 35 research projects headed
List of recent research projects:
- State assignment project 2.1680.2017/ПЧ “Development of theoretical backgrounds for automation of comprehensive modelling of complicated systems with computational intelligence methods”, 17 000 000 ₽ (~ 240 000,00 €), 01.01.2017 – 31.12.2019.
- Fundamental research project “Development and investigation of data mining technologies computer-aided design methods based on self-configuring evolutionary and biologically inspired algorithms of optimization”, 2 100 000,00 ₽ (~ 30 000,00 €), Russian Fond of Fundamental Research grant 16-01-00767/A, 01.01.2016 – 31.12.2018.
- Joint Russian-Slovenian research project “Evolutionary and Bio-Inspired Algorithms Based Efficient Control of Cyber-physical Systems & Internet of Things” (principal investigator), 01.06.2016 – 30.09.2018. (Foreign Partner – Maribor University), Slovenian Academy of Science project BI-RU/16-18-040.
- State assignment project 2.1889.2014/К “Self-configuring intelligent information technologies based algorithmic tools for computer-aided design of highly reliable systems for analysis, decision support and control of fire testing of liquid rocket engines”, 14 500 000 ₽ (~ 207 000,00 €), 17.07.2014 – 31.12.2016.
- Federal Targeted R&D Program project “Moving target technology based secure data exchange protocol development for distributed information-computing system”, 7 000 000,00 ₽ (~ 100 000,00 €), State contract 14.574.21.0126, 27.11.2014 – 31.12.2016.
- Joint Russian-Slovenian research project ‘Manpower control strategy determination with self-adapted evolutionary and biologically inspired algorithms”, 01.06.2014 – 30.12.2015. (Foreign Partner – Maribor University), Slovenian Academy of Science project ARRS BI-RU/14-15-047.
- Federal Targeted R&D Program project “Distributed self-configuring multi-agent technologies of intelligent information networks design and control”, 10 000 000,00 ₽ (~ 140 000,00 €), State contract 14.574.21.0037, 17.06.2014 – 31.12.2015.
- Federal Targeted R&D Program project “Mathematical models and algorithms for computer-aided design of hardware-software complex of intelligent multi-lingual information processing in distributed high-performance systems of space assignment”, 1 216 000,00 ₽ (~ 17 300,00 €), State contract 16.740.11.0742, 17.10.2011 – 19.11.2013.
- Federal Targeted R&D Program project “Distributed intelligent information systems of multi-lingual information processing in dialogue information-communication systems”, 3 500 000,00 ₽ (~ 50 000,00 €), State contract 11.519.11.4002, 18.08.2011 – 08.05.2013. (Foreign partner – Dialogue research group, Ulm University, Germany).
- Ministry of education and science grant 1.7.11 “Extension of theoretical backgrounds of evolutionary design of data mining technologies”, 1 410 000 ₽ (~ 35 000,00 €), 01.01.2011 – 31.12.2013.
- Ministry of education and science grant 1.7.08 “Development of theoretical backgrounds for solving problems of multi-processor computing systems design automation for real-time data mining”, 1 400 000 ₽ (~ 35 000,00 €), 01.01.2008 – 31.12.2010.
- Ministry of education and science grant 1.1.05 “Development and investigation of bio-inspired methods for complex systems identification and optimization”, 1 400 000 ₽ (~ 35 000,00 €), 01.01.2005 – 31.12.2007.
- ERASMUS+ project in students and staff exchange, jointly with Upper Austria University of Applied Sciences, Hagenberg, Austria (2019-2021).
- German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) supported Leonhard Euler Program (joint Master theses supervising) jointly with professors of the University of Applied Science (Ulm, Germany, 2000-2006) and the University of Ulm (Ulm, Germany, 2008-2016), ~ 30 000,00 € per year.
- Supervising of commercialization oriented R&D projects in area of intelligent information analysis fulfilled by students and PhD students with the support of the Federal State Budget Organization ‘Foundation for Assistance in Development of Small Innovative Enterprises in Science and Technology’, 2006-2019, over 25 projects, each ~ 10 000,00 €.
over 400 research papers in journals and conference proceedings (among them 84 indexed in Web of Science, 134 indexed in Scopus, 400+ indexed in Google Scholar, 73 indexed in DBLP, over 70 state patents for software systems).
H-index: Russian Index of Scientific Citations – 23, Google Scholars – 24, Scopus – 10, Web of Science – 6
Scopus Author ID: 41262564400
Scientific supervisor of more than 25 promoted PhDs, scientific consultant of 3 habilitated Dr.Sc.
The latest dissertations defended by post-graduate students:
- Polyakova Anastasia. Fuzzy logic based collective methods of data mining, 2019
- Khritonenko Dmitry. Adaptive collective data mining algorithm, 2017
- Akhmedova Shakhnaz. The collective self-adaptive optimization method based on bio-inspired algorithms, 2016
- Brester Kristina. The collective evolutionary method of multicriteria optimization for the analysis of paralinguistic signals, 2016
- Ryzhikov Ivan. Evolutionary algorithms for solving problems of identification and control of dynamic systems, 2016
- Stanovov Vladimir. Self-adaptive evolutionary algorithms for computer-aided design of systems using fuzzy logic, 2016